Links to Travel Logs

Hello & Welcome

Welcome to Just Play & Live Life. (^-^)/ I am むージン, the author of this blog.  Disclaimer : This blog is just my haven for recording my m...

Saturday, December 30, 2023

[Travel Log] Day 9: A FUNtastic day in Tamsui

Click here to read from the first post of this travel log!😊

Day 9: A FUNtastic day in Tamsui

12 October 2023, Thursday

Breakfast in Taipei is such a blissful thing - following Foodie Bi around Taipei has proven to me, my previous trips to Taipei were all lies. πŸ˜‚ What exactly have I been eating in Taipei prior to this trip?!

Mei Er Mei (ηΎŽθ€ŒηΎŽ)
Map: No. 33θ™Ÿ, Huaining St, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100

There are so many Mei Er Mei stores around selling similar yet different things. There were ones that sold burgers, then the ones that sold soup noodles and the one we went to that sold sandwiches & egg crepes. Yet another satisfying meal in the tummy. 


After our meal, we moved on to Tamsui. Tamsui is almost always in my itinerary when I visit Taiwan... and yet, for some reason, it always feel different every single time. 

Tamsui (ζ·‘ζ°΄)
Map: Zhongzheng Road, Tamsui District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 251

The day was awesomely blue (very sunny...🌞), and when we came out of the station I just felt Tamsui changed so much. I dont remember Tamsui being so developed and well-paved?!


So. SO BEAUTIFUL. 




Must-have at Tamsui? - definitely A-gei. During my past trips, I remember I usually go to the one nearest to the station, but we decided to follow Google reviews this time, and we had to walk a little upslope to get there. 

Tamsui Agei (ζ·‘ζ°΄θ€η‰Œι˜Ώη΅¦ 剡始店)
Map: No. 6δΉ‹1θ™Ÿ, Zhenli St, Tamsui District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 251

I loved that this was a soupy version of what I used to have. The Agei in my memory was always with a layer of sweet sauce over it, but the one here, its just flavourful on its own. πŸ’•


I have skipped Fisherman's wharf every single trip (because of how far away it was from the station) but this time, here with Bi, we found the UBike parking spot & decided to cycle there! TBH, I was very fearful of my own biking skills, but we made it there in one-piece. πŸ˜‚




We really just chilled here, with our ice-blended drinks (because it was a hot day), and just enjoying the view. 


Stopped at this bridge for a super long time... spamming all photos because there were really not much foot prints over here. I don't know if this is the aftermath of Covid but while I enjoyed the peace & quiet, the businesses located here are probably quite affected. 



We considered the option of biking back, but we realised, there was a bus back to the station - So why not (safety is important 😝)?!

Enjoy Fly-想啑咖啑-ζ·‘ζ°΄δΈ­ζ­£εΊ—
Map: No. 40θ™Ÿ, Zhongzheng Rd, Tamsui District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 251

The bus stopped at a street of shops, and we saw this minimalistic cafe opposite (needed the restroom too, so we decided to grab a drink). 


We grabbed all the souvenirs that we needed and just look at the sunset view!!! - I love Tamsui!!!


We dropped all our shopping bags in the hotel and went to Shilin for dinner! 

Shilin Night Market (ε£«ζž—ε€œεΈ‚)
Map: No. 101, Jihe Rd, Shilin District, Taipei City, Taiwan 111

This night market was one that I thought would be a bit more exciting, one thing I liked from there was the 'Taiwan Pizza' - that fried spring onion pancake with fillings. I'm not sure if it was because Shilin was part under renovation, but it didn't feel as straightforward as the rest of the night markets (a lot of small alleyways, a big sheltered area that felt a bit like a marketplace but also have those festival games).