Links to Travel Logs

Hello & Welcome

Welcome to Just Play & Live Life. (^-^)/ I am むージン, the author of this blog.  Disclaimer : This blog is just my haven for recording my m...

Monday, December 25, 2023

[Travel Log] Day 7: Taichung to Taipei!

Click here to read from the first post of this travel log!😊

Day 7: Taichung to Taipei!

10 October 2023, Tuesday

10.10... Taiwan's National Day, and also the day we head to Taipei! 



Back to the city/Japan vibes (because their underground shopping streets are so similar πŸ˜‚)!
We were too early for check-in, so we left our baggage with the reception and headed to find lunch. 


Saw the same machine that I tried to get Pawmi from (in Taroko Mall) and decided to try my luck at it again. AND BOOM, Pawmi on the first try! πŸ’•

We saw Katsuya and decided to just go with it - though Japanese cuisine, but they use Taiwanese Pork so... valid choice right?! πŸ˜‚ If you leave them a google review, they give you a side dish for free! 


After a very fulfilling meal, we headed back to the hotel to rest up a little.

Ximen Le Room Hotel Kai Feng Taipei ηΆΊζ¨‚ζ–‡ζ—… 開封逨
Map: No. 35θ™Ÿ, Section 1, Kaifeng St, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100

Extremely convenient location, but not a place I would stay at again. Self note: Taipei probably requires a higher accommodation budget than the rest of the country.


The room size was fine for me, I just had an issue with the very small toilet where I would bump into the wall or the toilet seat if I was getting dressed and that was dreadful for me πŸ˜‚.  


After a short break, we headed back out to Ximending, to grab dinner, which was within walkable distance from the hotel. 


Ximending Night Market 
Map: No. 127, Hanzhong St, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 108


Bi has an accessory shop located in The Red House (store name: "New Noise") that she would visit every time she came here. So our very first stop was exactly that. 


"New Noise" is an accessories store run by a pair of siblings, selling their own designs which are all related to music. I was drawn to one of the bracelets as I felt the colour blended with my skin very well and I just had to get it. πŸ˜‚


Wasn't feeling particularly hungry that night (probably because we had quite a filling late lunch), so Bi went ahead to get her staple - Ah Zhong Mian Xian, while I got some snack from adjacent store. Along the way, I saw something similar to ζ‰‹ζŠ“ι₯Ό which I really missed (Shanghai OIP memories), and got that too.