Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S9 - Unboxing

After making three trips to M1 stores over the span of a couple of months, I've finally gotten my hands on a new handset 😎. [Price: SGD $598 on Lite+ plan with M1..] 

✮ Samsung Galaxy S9 ✮

Unboxing the Galaxy S9
Included in the box with the handset:
➹Quick Start Guide / Content Transfer Guide (in English & Mandarin)
➹S9 | S9+ Privilege Brochure
➹Charger & Cable
➹USB Connector 
➹Earpiece & ear buds in different sizes
➹Transparent soft casing
➹Pin (to release the tray for the sim card/sd card)

S9 in Coral Blue
The last time I used a Galaxy S-series was the S4 which lasted for approx. 3 years before it crashed and died. (I was hoping that it would last over two contract terms so I didn't have to use the A5 (perhaps earn some quick bucks with it) but that didn't happen. 😒) well #life.

First impressions on the S9:
❃ Expandable storage space - the device itself comes with 64GB internal storage but there's a slot for an external micro SD card (for up to 400 GB, according to their official site). I was originally worried that they might start in-building everything to the point that they remove the micro SD card slot as well, but thankfully... they still retained this functionality.

❃ Nano-sim

❃ USB-Type C - this is a different cable from the ones given for the older Samsung devices... Kinda sad about this. Being a house of Samsung users, new phones meant extra chargers and cables to share.. considering I'm also using their Samsung Camera, I'll have to bring a separate cable for it once I start using the S9. Gotta get a new cable to connect to the portable charger as well.. πŸ˜•

❃ In-built battery

I'm quite excited to try out their camera (especially in low light) to see if it lives up to expectations. After all, Samsung seems to be well known for their camera features.. \(^w^)/

But before that, I need to go grab some cables first and sort out my current handset's media... :')
Till then~

Samsung Official Website | M1 Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment